Last night, today and tomorrow, 4-H club advisors had an opportunity to be the first to see and experience the Clark County 4-H App. We invite all 4-H families, volunteers, parents, grandparents and supporters to download the Clark County 4-H App. Scan the bar code below or do a quick search for Clark County 4-H in your Google or Apple App store to download.
Clark County 4-H App Your 24-7 Access to…
• 4-H Calendar with up-to-date changes
• 4-H and Fair Applications and Forms and Links to On-Line Surveys
• List of All 4-H Clubs and the Ability to E-mail Advisor Contacts
• Weekly 4-H Updates
• 4-H Projects – With Links to Specific Project Requirements and Fair Book Rules
• 4-H Judging and Fair Results
• Up-to-date Fair Schedule
• Fair Show Bills
• AND SO MUCH MORE!
I look forward to hearing what you think of the 4-H App and what additional information you would like to see available on the App. We are continuing to add and up-date information as needed on the APP. In the future we will be setting up push notifications, so that you can sign-up to be notified when new or updated information is posted or to receive alerts for specific information.
4-H Family Guide
Did you receive your 4-H Family Guide in the mail? Ohio 4-H Foundation paid to have 4-H Family guides mailed to every 4-H family from 2020. Those family guides should be hitting your mail box. Now is the time to start thinking about what project(s) you want to enroll in for 2021. Use the 4-H APP to check out all the 4-H projects with direct links to the requirements and the fair book information.
2021 Clark County 4-H and FFA Dairy Clinic & QA
Saturday, Feb. 13, 2021, 9 AM to 11 AM, Youth Building Clark Co. Fairgrounds and by ZOOM
Due to COVID-19 capacity limits, only 1st through 4th year 4-H and FFA dairy project members may participate in person. However any one may join by ZOOM. Regardless of how you would like to participate in this year’s Dairy Clinic, you must register by Feb. 11, 2021. https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcounty4hdairyclinicregistration
Dairy Clinic Presentations include:
• Managing Health for Dairy Projects - Dana King, DVM
• Feeding Decisions for Dairy Projects - Animal Nutritionist
• Dairy Feeder Project Selection Guidelines - Jill Lokai, Dairy Evaluator
• Dairy Project Rules and Guidelines - Dairy Committee Representatives and Patty House, 4-H Extension Educator
• Quality Assurance - Patty House, 4-H Extension Educator
Door prizes will be offered as well by the Clark County 4-H Dairy Committee. Door prizes will include equipment, feed, and a dairy feeder calf provided by VanRaay Dairy. Whether you participate in person or by ZOOM you will be eligible for door prizes.
4-H Project Books will be available for purchase at the Dairy Clinic. The cost for each book is listed below. Please make checks payable to OSU Extension, Clark County. If paying by cash, please have exact cash.
• Dairy Heifer Book - $6.44
• Dairy Cow Book - $6.44
• Dairy Feeder Book - $6.44
• Dairy Market Steer Book - $6.44
• Dairy Resource Handbook (needed for Dairy Heifers and Dairy Cows) - $17.20
• Beef Resource Handbook (needed for Dairy Feeders and Dairy Market Steers) - $19.08
All COVID-19 Protocols will be followed at the clinic.
• EVERYONE must wear a mask/face covering
• Everyone must adhere to 6 ft. social distancing
• Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry and exit.
• Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer often to keep you and others safe.
• Do not attend if you or anyone in your household have any of the following symptoms - fever, cough or shortness of breath, have been exposed to someone that tested positive or if someone in your household is positive for COVID-19 currently.
Upcoming 4-H Committee Meetings
The following 4-H project related committees will meet next week:
• Goat Committee, Feb. 2, 6:30 PM, By ZOOM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 912 9072 5675
• Dog Committee, Feb. 4, 6:30 PM, By ZOOM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 998 7706 3504
New 4-H Volunteer Orientation
The next new 4-H Volunteer Orientation will be held on Thursday, Feb. 18, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM by ZOOM. If you are currently in the process of becoming a 4-H volunteer or would like to start the process of becoming a 4-H volunteer, please plan on joining me for this required training. Please use the ZOOM Meeting link below to join.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 931 1639 5274
4-H Cloverbud Advisor Training
We will be offering a training session for all 4-H Cloverbud Advisors on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM in the Arts & Crafts Bldg., on the Clark County Fairgrounds. We will be sharing tips and programming ideas for working with Cloverbuds under the COVID-19 protocols.
In the 4-H Spirit,
4-H Extension Educator