Clark County 4-H Families and Volunteers:
As we gear up for the 2021 4-H year, we hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy. We encourage you to continue to stay strong and to remember together we can accomplish more.
Here are some ways you can help strengthen the Clark County 4-H Program Team:
- Teens can apply to become 4-H Camp Counselors/CIT’s and/or Jr. Fair Board Members for 2021. Applications are due December 1, 2020.
- Teen and adult volunteers can choose to join one of the 4-H project related committees for 2021. Check the 4-H Calendar at http://clark.osu for meeting dates and watch for the e-mail and text message blasts with ZOOM links for meetings through December 2020.
- All 4-H members and families start planning for your 2021 4-H projects and experiences. Here are some key dates to add to your calendars.
- Clark County Market Beef and Dairy Market Steer Tag-In/Weigh-In for Fair – December 5, 2020
- Clark County Rabbit & Cavy I.D. Day for Fair – April 10, 2021 (Tentative)
- Clark County 4-H Enrollment Deadline – April 15, 2021
- Clark Co. Livestock I.D. Day for Fair (market lambs, market goats, dairy feeders) – May 8, 2021
- Clark County 4-H Skill-a-thons – June 14 & 15, 2021
- Clark County 4-H Camp – June 20-24, 2021
- Clark County 4-H Miscellaneous Judging – July 13, 2021
- Clark County 4-H Shooting Sports Judging – July 17, 2021
- Clark County Fair – July 23-20, 2021
- Ohio State Fair – July 28-August 8, 2021
We continue to telework as part of the Ohio State University’s COVID-19 response. In addition to our office hours listed below, you may schedule an appointment with any staff member on any day.
- Mondays and Fridays, 11 AM to 4:30 PM
- Wednesdays, 9 AM to 4:30 PM
If coming to the Extension Office, please wear a face covering and maintain 6 ft. social distancing. Hand sanitizer is available upon entrance and exit to our office. If you have a fever, COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone who is positive with COVID-19, we ask that you do not visit our office in person, but reach out to us by phone or e-mail.
Please take time to read these important updates and take actions accordingly based on your interests and needs.
2020 Clark County Jr. Fair Awards Still Need Picked-Up
There are still plaques, chairs, rosettes, and ribbons that need picked up in the Extension Office. We have contacted individuals by e-mail and phone. Items not picked up by December 1 will be returned to the Clark County Jr. Fair Board to recycle into 2021 Awards.
Start Getting Your 2021 4-H Project Books
It is never too early to select and start on your 2021 4-H Project Books. You can view the 2021 4-H Family Guide at https://ohio4h.org/familyguide. A simple list of 4-H projects is also available at http://clark.osu.edu. You may purchase 4-H projects during Extension Office hours or by appointment. For drive through service, call our office at 937-398-7604 to place your project book order and set day and time to pick-up project books if different than office hours. To pay for your books by credit card go to https://go.osu.edu/clarkextensionpayment, you will be given the total price to pay when you place your order.
2021 Clark County 4-H Camp Counselor/CIT On-Line Application Submission Due December 1, 2020
- What: Participate in planning and conducting the 2021 Clark County 4-H Camp, June 20-24, 2021 at 4-H Camp Clifton. Develop leadership and workforce skills through more than 24 hours of interactive training and planning sessions held in January through June 2021.
- Who: Teens, age 14 and older as of January 1, 2021 and in at least the 8th grade
- How: Complete on-line survey application at https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcounty4hcampcounselorapplication
- When: Submit on-line application by December 1, 2020 and participate in an interview session in December 2020
- Questions: Contact Patty House, firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-398-7599
2021 Clark County Jr. Fair Board Application Due December 1, 2020
- What: Participate in planning and conducting the 2021 Clark Co. Jr. Fair, July 23-30, 2021.
- Who: 4-H/FFA members who are H.S. Sophomores through College Freshman may apply.
- How: Complete application available at http://clarkcoag.com and http://clark.osu.edu
- When: Submit application by December 1, 2020 to CLARK COUNTY SENIOR FAIR BOARD OFFICE, 4401 SOUTH CHARLESTON PIKE, SPRINGFIELD, OHIO 45502
- Questions: Contact Melissa Anderson, email@example.com
2020 Clark County 4-H Photos Wanted
We may not be holding a 4-H Awards Banquet this year because of COVID restrictions, but we would like you to still share your 4-H photos from 2020. We will be using these photos in the 4-H Calendar, the Clark County 4-H App, the Clark County web, promotional materials and more. Please e-mail your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off a thumb drive with the photos to the Extension Office for us to download.
4-H Club Fundraising and Community Service Guidance Update October 2020
Ohio 4-H has updated how 4-H clubs can conduct fundraisers and community service projects. The document can be found at https://ohio4h.org/families/stay-connected and is also posted on http://clark.osu.edu under 4-H Fundraising. In addition, any Clark County 4-H Club must submit a Fundraising Request Form for approval by the Extension Educator before conducting any fundraiser. The form has been updated to reflect the new Ohio 4-H Club Fundraising Guidelines and is posted at http://clark.osu.edu under 4-H Fundraising.
2021 Clark County Fair Camper Site Information
Anyone that currently has a Clark County Fair Camper site must pay $300 for their 2021 site no later than 4:30 PM on Friday, October 30. If you do not make payment, you will lose your camper site.
If you are interested in trying to obtain a camper site for 2021, you may make application in the Clark County Fair Camper Site Lottery on November 9-13. With application, you must pay the $300 fee which is refundable if you do not receive a camp site in the lottery. The campsite lottery will be held on December 2, 7 PM in the Annex on the Clark County Fairgrounds.
2021 Clark County Jr. Fair Market Beef and Dairy Market Steer Tag-In/Weigh-In
New Requirement: Exhibitors MUST complete an on-line Exhibitor Card survey by December 1, 2020 for each animal they are bringing to the Market Beef and Dairy Market Steer Tag-In and Weigh-In. This information will be used to pre-complete Exhibitor Cards to reduce touch points. The survey link will be posted at http://clark.osu.edu by November 1, 2020.
When: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 8 AM to 11 AM
Where: Cattle Barn 4, Clark Co. Fairgrounds, please use gate D off Laybourne Rd. to enter fairgrounds.
What: Any 4-H or FFA member’s market beef steers, market beef heifers and/or market dairy steers
Cost: $20/animal – Must have exact cash. Please place cash or check in an envelope with your name and number of animals.
- Make checks payable to Clark County 4-H and FFA Beef Committee for market beef.
- Make checks payable to Clark County 4-H and FFA Dairy Committee for market dairy steers.
2021 Ohio State Fair DNA/EID Tags
Any 4-H or FFA member that wishes to show a market beef steer or market beef heifer at the Ohio State Fair in 2021 must submit DNA hair samples and I.D. their animal with an EID tag. DNA samples with completed envelope must be submitted to the Ohio State Fair no later than January 15, 2021. DNA kits and EID tags may be obtained from the OSU Extension, Clark Co. Office, at the December 5, 2020 Clark County Jr. Fair Market Beef Tag-In & Weigh-In or at any of the Ohio Best Shows prior to the deadline.
In the 4-H Spirit,
4-H Extension Educator