Clark County 4-H Families and Volunteers:
The 4-H Summer is in full swing. We encourage you to read the 4-H Weekly Updates closely and use the 4-H App to stay current with all the 4-H happenings.
We know that everyone is anxious to get back to normal. We are too! We know that families are going on vacations, kids are playing summer sports and going to camps and we are all looking forward to a full Fair.
We need your cooperation to ensure that your child and all Clark County 4-H’ers have a positive, fun and safe 4-H summer. Many of the COVID-19 Protocols have been lessened, but there are still protocols that we must follow.
Please review the most current ones below.
- 4-H club meetings and events including fundraisers, community service activities, local holiday parades and other community celebrations can take place.
- Food booths, food-based fundraisers, buffets, and potlucks are permitted. Social distance while actively eating at least 3-feet when possible.
- Face masks are not required for indoor or outdoor 4-H events.
- Face masks are strongly encouraged for those not yet fully vaccinated. Strongly encouraged means you choose to wear or not.
- Practice social distancing and good hand hygiene with hand sanitizer and washing with soap and water.
- Individuals and/or family members may not attend if they or anyone living in their household is experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, or has been directly exposed (confirmed or suspected) to COVID-19 if they are not fully vaccinated.
- Take attendance for contact tracing and maintain records for 6 months.
We do not want any 4-H member or Cloverbud to not be able to participate in Fair, but you must be a 4-H member in good standing to be eligible for Clark County and/or Ohio State Fair participation.
4-H membership in good standing means the following:
- Paid 4-H Activity Fee – There are still 4-H members and cloverbuds that have not paid their 2021 4-H Activity Fee. You may pay at Skill-a-thon June 14 & 15, 4 PM to 8 PM in the Annex the late fee of $30/member and $10/cloverbud. Last chance!
- Attendance at 6 4-H Club Meetings/Activities – four must be 4-H club meetings. In addition, shooting sports members must participate in 4 shooting sessions and horse project members must participate in 2 ride nights at the Clark County Fair.
- Completed 4-H Project – 4-H members MUST PARTICIPATE in Skill-a-thon and/or Project Judging to have a completed project. Members that have a conflict or miss due to illness or a family emergency on June 14 and 15 (Skillathon), July 13 (Miscellaneous Project Judging) and/or July 17 (Shooting Sports Judging), may request to participate in Make-Up on July 16. You must complete the Request to Participate in Make-Up 4-H Skill-a-thon and Project Judging at by July 14 https://go.osu.edu/2021clark4hrequesttomakeupskillathonprojectjudging
2021 Clark County 4-H Skill-a-thon
Every 4-H Member Must Complete their Animal Skill-a-thon Project Judging to be eligible to show at the 2021 Clark County Jr. Fair and/or the Ohio State Fair.
You must pre-register for your skill-a-thon(s) time by Midnight, Sunday, June 13.
Use these links to pre-register for your specific skill-a-thon time:
- Alpacas and Llamas - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcoalpacallamaskillathonregistration
- Beef - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcobeefskillathonregistration
- Dairy Feeder - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcodairyfeedermktdairyskillathonregistration
- Dairy Female - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcodairyfemaleskillathonregistration
- Dog - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcodogskillathonregistration
- Goat - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcogoatskillathonregistration
- Horse - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcohorseskillathonregistration
- Poultry - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcopoultryskillathonregistration
- Rabbit & Cavy - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcorabbitandcavyskillathonregistration
- Sheep - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcosheepskillathonregistration
- Swine - https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcoswineskillathonregistration
Skill-a-thon Locations: Check-In to your Skill-a-thon at the Entry Doors of the Building Location for Your Skill-a-thon(s) listed below. There is a barreled walkway between the Youth Building and the Annex to allow youth to walk between the Youth Building and the 3 Building Complex safely. Please use this walkway.
- Dog - Dog Barn on June 14 ONLY
- Goats and Horses - Youth Building on June 14 & June 15
- Dairy Female, Rabbits and Cavy - Arts & Crafts Bldg. on June 14 ONLY
- Dairy Feeder - Arts & Crafts Bldg. on June 14 & 15
- Poultry (Chickens, Ducks, Turkeys) - Arts & Crafts Bldg. on June 15 ONLY
- Llamas and Alpacas - Mercantile Bldg. on June 14 ONLY
- Swine - Mercantile Bldg. on June 14 and June 15
- Beef and Sheep - Mercantile Bldg. on June 15 ONLY
What To Expect at Skill-a-thon:
- Bring your up-do-date 4-H project book(s) with feed tag and/or written ration included
- Come prepared to complete 4 or 5 hands-on skill stations.
- Participate in an interview to answer questions about your project and 4-H experiences and knowledge.
Available at Skill-a-thon on the Fairgrounds:
- Purchase Food and Drink in the Annex from the Clark County 4-H Committee.
- Make Fair Entries and Check Your Fair Entries in the Annex.
- Pick Up Camper Packets and Purchase Adult Fair Passes at the Fair Office Until 8 PM.
- Pick up Fair Yard Signs to Promote the 2021 Clark County Fair.
- Visit the Sales Office Across from the Goat Barn to Get Livestock Sale Information and Help to Set-Up Your Jr. Fair Livestock Sale Profile. A Livestock Sale Profile is required for every 4-H member planning on selling in the Jr. Fair Livestock Sale either in the Live Auction or the On-Line Auction.
- Participants will wait in the Skill-a-thon Area where their skill-a-thon is located for their turn after they check-in.
- Parents may wait in the Annex or Outside of the building. Please bring a lawn chair or sports chair to sit in.
Clark County Jr. Fair Livestock Auction
The 2021 Clark County Jr. Fair Livestock Auction is being conducted and managed entirely by the Clark County Sr. Fair Board. There is no longer a Sales Committee of volunteers involved in helping to run the auction.
ALL QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION REQUESTS MUST BE DIRECTED to the Sales Phone Number 937-450-1194 or the e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org. The Sr. Fair Board Members in charge of the 2021 Jr. Fair Livestock Sale are Greg Kaffenbarger, Sales Chair, Jay Flax, Todd Bumgardner and Fred Hays.
Cathy Hays has been hired by the Fair Board as the Sales Manager and will be the point of contact for answering the Sales Phone and responding to the Sales E-Mail. Any questions including customs, online and live auction, setting up your profile for the auction, buyer registration, buyer payment, exhibitor payment and any other sales related questions need to be directed their way.
The 2021 Clark County Jr. Fair Livestock Sales rules can be found at http://clarkcoag.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Junior-Fair-Auction-Rules-2021-v2.pdf
4-H Clubs Needed to Help in 4-H Ice Cream Building During the Fair
Clark County 4-H’s Ice Cream is back for the 2021 Fair. We need your 4-H Club to volunteer to work one or more two-hour shifts.
Each two-hour shift requires 1 to 2 adults and 3 to 4 youth. One adult must have a current food safety certification and one adult must be a current 4-H volunteer. This may be the same adult. If you need to get an adult certified in food safety, please e-mail email@example.com and she will provide you with a link to take the on-line course. The food safety certification is good for 3 years.
Youth and adults who work a shift in the 4-H Ice Cream Stand at the Fair will receive a free ice cream cone at the end of their shift.
Please sign your 4-H club to work one or more two-hour shifts using this link: https://go.osu.edu/clarkco4hicecream
4-H Club Booth Requests for Fair
4-H clubs need to complete the 4-H Club Booth Request on-line by July 1st. Go to https://go.osu.edu/2021clark4hclubboothrequest to make your club’s request.
You may request single, double, triple, or quad booth sizes to display your 4-H members exhibits and promote your 4-H club. We encourage every club to put a booth up to promote your club and your members projects. Booth set-up will take place Thursday, July 22, 3 PM to 8 PM for the Backdrops Only. Exhibits may be checked in and put into club booths on Friday, July 23, 9 AM to 9 PM and clubs may finish with booth decorations. Club booths will be judged on Saturday, July 24.
Pen Assignments for Fair
4-H club organizational advisors will be receiving Pen Assignments for their 4-H clubs in the mail next week after Skill-a-thon. Any 4-H member that has not paid their 2021 4-H Activity Fees will not be included on Pen Assignments because they will not be eligible to show at the Fair.
Pen assignment forms are due back into the Extension Office by July 1, 2021. Please complete and return in a timely manner. Committees can not make pen assignments if they do not receive your club’s pen assignments back. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Ohio State Fair Livestock Entry Deadline – June 20
To Make Entry Go to https://ohiostatefair.com/
4-H Miscellaneous Project Judging
When: Monday, July 13
Time: 3 PM to 7 PM
Where: Arts & Crafts Bldg. Clark County Fairgrounds
Who: All 4-H members with miscellaneous projects
What: Bring your completed project book, item made, produced, created or an educational display on a topic related to your project experience, participate in an interview regarding your project
Pre-Register: A Survey Link will be available July 1 for you to schedule your Miscellaneous Project Judging Time.
4-H Fashion Revue
When: Monday, July 13
Time: 7:30 PM
Where: Arts & Crafts Bldg., Clark County Fairgrounds
Who: All 4-H Clothing Project members
What: Clothing Project Members Dressed in their Complete Outfit
Pre-Register: All Clothing Project Members must submit a Fashion Revue Description Form by July 1 to the Clark County Extension Office. Go to https://clark.osu.edu/sites/clark/files/imce/Program_Pages/4H/Application_Forms/Miscellaneous/2021%20Fashion%20Revue%20Description%20Form.pdf to complete.
4-H Baking Contest
When: Sunday, July 18
Time: 4 PM
Where: Mercantile Bldg., Clark County Fairgrounds
Entry Deadline: July 10
Make entry on-line at https://go.osu.edu/2021clarkcounty4hbakingcontest
Divisions (age by 1/1/2021): Jr. (age 8 & in 3rd grade to age 10, Int. (age 11 to 13) Sr. (age 14-18)
Jr.: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Bar Cookies, Blueberry Muffins, Snack Cake, Cupcakes
Int.: Thumbprint Cookies, Brownies, Quick Bread, Coffee Cake, Fruit Crostata
Sr.: Sliced Cookies, Cut-Out Cookies, Yeast Bread, Chocolate Layer Cake, Apple Turnovers
Winners Auction: 1st Place winners in each class will sell in the Bake Auction on Thursday, July 29, 5:30 PM in the Arts & Crafts Bldg. at the Fair.
4-H Art Contest
When: Sat., July 24
Time: Noon – Check-In, Contest – 1:00 PM
Where: Youth Building, Clark Co. Fairgrounds
Entry Deadline: Midnight July 23
Make entry on-line at https://go.osu.edu/20214hartcontestentry
Divisions: (age by 1/1/2021): Jr. (age 8 & in 3rd grade to age 13) and Sr. (age 14 to 18)
Categories: Wood, Photography, Painting, Drawing, Metal, Fabric, Paper, Ceramics/Pottery, Alpaca and Llama Fiber
Winners Auction: 1st Place winners in each age division and class will sell in the Art Auction on Thursday, July 29, 5:30 PM in the Arts & Crafts Bldg. at the Fair.
2021 Clark County Jr. Fair Entries Due
Please use the 2021 Fair Entry Instructional Packet for 4-H and FFA Members available on the 4-H App and the Web to assist you in making entry. https://clark.osu.edu/sites/clark/files/imce/Program_Pages/4H/ClarkCoFair/2021%20Fair%20Entry%20Instructional%20Packet%20for%204-H%20and%20FFA%20Members.pdf
To make entry go to http://clarkohjrfair.fairentry.com/
The 2021 Clark County Jr. Fair On-Line Entries are open for 4-H and FFA members to make entry for ONLY the following:
- Dairy Heifers and Cows – Due June 1, 2021
- Dairy, Pygmy, Fiber, Cart and Market Production Doe Goats – Due June 1, 2021
- Breeding Beef and Beef Feeders – Due July 1, 2021
- Alpacas and Llamas – Due July 1, 2021
- Fancy and Egg Production Poultry – Due July 1, 2021
- Dog Shows – Due July 1, 2021
- Horse Shows – Due July 1, 2021
- All Showmanship Classes for All Species – Due July 1, 2021
- Baking Contest – Due July 10, 2021
- Art Contest – Due July 23, 2021
DO NOT MAKE ENTRY ON FAIR ENTRY FOR THE FOLLOWING
We are making entry for all the animals listed below based on pre-fair tagins/check-in/weigh-in, market exhibitor registration on-line forms, bulk orders, project judging, etc. IF you make entries for any of the animals listed below using Fair Entry - WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THEM!
- All Cavies
- All Rabbits
- All Market Poultry (Market Turkeys, Market Chickens, Market Ducks)
- Market Beef
- Market Dairy Steers
- Dairy Feeders
- Market Lambs
- Market Goats
- Market Hogs
- Miscellaneous and Shooting Sports Projects
In the 4-H Spirit,
Patty House, 4-H Extension Educator