Learn how you can give your time, talents and skills to Making the Best Better as a 4-H Volunteer.
New 4-H Volunteer Requirements
Adults who would like to become volunteers with the Clark County 4-H program must complete a six step process. These steps do not need to be done in sequence, but must all be completed before an adult begins working with youth in the Clark County 4-H Program. If you are interested in becoming a 4-H volunteer, please call 937-398-7599 to schedule an interview appointment with Patty House (firstname.lastname@example.org) Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development.
4-H Volunteer Opportunities
Review these volunteer position descriptions to learn about opportunities to start a 4-H club, teach a project, lead an activity, or serve on a committee.
|Organizational Club Volunteer||Project or Activity Volunteer|
|Cloverbud Volunteer||Committee Volunteer|
New 4-H Volunteer Applicant Letter to Learn About Five Step Process To Becoming A 4-H Volunteer
Click here for the 2020 New 4-H Volunteer Packet. (New 4-H Volunteer Applicant Letter, 4-H Volunteer Application, 4-H Volunteer Standards of Behavior, Fingerprint Return Card, and 4-H Volunteer Opportunities)
- Complete and sign 4-H Volunteer Application (you will need to provide 3 non-family references on your application)
- Read, Agreed to, Sign and Submit 4-H Volunteer Standards of Behavior
- Obtain an Ohio BCI Background Check Visit one of the Clark County locations to have a web check done. You must use reason code 2151.86 for obtaining a fingerprint background check. Please print and take the Clark County Background Check Information with you, it has all the information needed so that your information is delivered correctly. Special Note: If you have had your fingerprints taken within the past 12 months for working with children, working with the elderly, or certain types of licensing please fill out the Request For Copy of Ohio Background Check.
- Complete and interview with Patty House, 4-H Educator, call 937-398-7599 to schedule an appointment or e-mail email@example.com
- Participate in New 4-H Volunteer Orientation. (January 16, 2020, 6:30-8:30 p.m.; February 15, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-Noon; April 13, 2020, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Clark County Extension office.)
Requirements for Tenured 4-H Volunteers
We have a tremendous core of 4-H volunteers working with the Clark County 4-H Program. 4-H volunteers who have given one or more years of service to the Clark County 4-H Program need to complete the following requirements:
- Complete the your Re-Enrollment for Volunteers online at http://oh.4honline.com (Instruction were included in your club's Running Start folder. This re-enrollment must be completed before April 1.
- All Ohio State University volunteers including OSU Extension's 4-H Volunteers will be required to complete a web-based background check every 4 years. More details regarding this process will be sent directly to volunteers explaining this process further. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact Patty House (firstname.lastname@example.org), 4-H Extension Educator at 937-398-7599.
- Take advantage of 4-H volunteer trainings and opportunities at the county and state level. Training is higly encouraged to help you to continue to Make the Best Better!
Resource for 4-H Volunteers
Use to answer your questions about club management, risk management, working with parents, managing finances, providing meaningful learning experiences, connecting to all the Clark County 4-H opportunities and much more.
Ohio Volunteer Conference
Plan on attending the 2020 Ohio 4-H Conference on Saturday, March 14 at the Columbus Convention Center. The first 25 Clark County 4-H Teens or Volunteers to apply only pay $15 the remaining registration fee is paid by the Clark County 4-H Advisory Committee. Click here for the Ohio 4-H Conference Registration Booklet to see all the great programming opportunities. Click here for the Ohio 4-H Conference Registration Form. Registration deadline is February 10, 2020.
Club Financial Management Items
Individual forms can be located on the Application and Forms page.